Thursday 7 April 2011

So much happened in the past month ...

I will never be able to catch up and share all The Highs & The Deeps. Maybe I will try for my next post. In short: Flyers are second in Conference, with Caps in first. Two games to go. And there was a time I was hopeful they would clinch the League, feel a bit delusional in hindsight xD ... Leafies are out for the post-season, but what a memorable post-ASG run! Will forever be proud of the current roster just for that.

Today I have nothing of great interest to share lol ... but I was conversing with a mate and expressed my hopes for the Canes to keep the Rags out the play-offs. He asked me why I have this love affair with the Canes. So I went on a little rant (slightly adapted for easier reading hahah).

I do not have a love affair with the Canes at all. It really is just a matter of me hoping that the Rags will not make it to the play-offs! But there are a few teams out there that do not bother me and get me to go "Awwwwwwww". I do not care so much what happens with them in the standings though. In no specific order:

{The Oil} Such little troopers, abysmal year, bless them!
{Canes} Just nothing to hate about them and I liked the way they hosted the ASG
{Ducklings} What's not to like about Ducklings? And it is hard to dislike what once were the Mighty Ducks. Who has not seen that movie? And bear in mind I am based in the Netherlands!
{Yotes} Must be hard to skate out there in the desert and people hate them just for being there lol ... awwww (see!)
{Bolts} Nothing to hate, like the way they play.
{Jackets} They have Rick Nash ♥ lol ... that guy should find a real team, his talent is wasted there. Once he leaves, this team is off this list hahah.

If I do have a love affair it is with these:
{Red Wings} Any team with Datsyuk on roster, is OK in my book. What a dangler & deker! They are my favourite Western Conference team and should they win the Cup? No hard feelings!

{Isles} Hahah, this would be like a dirty affair with a hot cabana boy xD (not that I ever had one, but it works as an analogy) ... since that memorable game vs the Pens and their not too bad streak after that game I just like these guys! I know I should not like them, but hahah, I do lol ... I don't care if they are successful or not and do I ever want them to win the Cup? Nah.

{Caps} I blame it on that HBO documentary: Road to Winter Classics. Ovi is cool in a crazy superstar kind of way and the Caps are just cool. Will not be too upset if they win the Cup.

Speaking of the Winter Classics documentary. It is pure evil! It even made me like some of the things about the Pens :S :S >.< :((( *gasp*

But. All of the above is nothing compared to the true love for my Leafies and Flyers hahah - it is just a case of really liking the game and appreciating there are other interesting teams out there :)

No comments:

Post a Comment