Saturday 30 April 2011

Playoffs Daily | SF Game 1 | April 30th, 2011

Last night we had Game 1 of the Semi-Finals for the Caps vs Bolts and Preds vs Wings. The good news is I finally caught some live Playoffs action again. The bad news is that I fell asleep during the second period of the Caps game lol.

[Bolts-Caps]  4-2. Bolts lead series 1-0. Well, I managed to watch some of it at least. It was enjoyable enough with two goals by the Caps and one by the Bolts. Only one of the Caps' goals got denied, so into first intermission the score was 1-1. I struggled through intermission and managed to watch a bit of the second period, even saw Eric Fehr score to really make it 2-1. All was good. But when I woke up the table had been turned and the Bolts had won. Good on them, but I really want the Caps to move on. Ovi made me laugh a bit during his post-game interview. He looked a bit down and said: "We didn't play our game. We, I think, played too cute (!!) and we take lots of penalties. And that cost us. Again, you know, it is over and we have to get ready for the next game." Cute!

[Red Wings-Sharks] 1-2. Sharks lead series 1-0. I woke up to see the Wings lead 1-0. Convinced they would win it, I went back to sleeping, but I just found out they lost. Coach Babcock said it all. He thought the Sharks were better and that they skated very well. He then went on to say that he thought the first period would be their worst, but alas, it was not the case. The Sharks dominated, the Wings took way too many penalties and as the coach put it: "You can't be in the penalty box and expect to survive." Very honest analysis, like it. But the way he was talking you would think nothing went right ;) ... it did take the Sharks an OT goal to win! Well hey, the Wings will reclaim their awesomeness in the next game.

And I need to spend some time on the topic of Sidney Crosby. I just came across an article on NHL.com and I was sad to read that he has had a bit of a setback and that it is unclear when he will return. He hopes to be back for the next season. Listen, Sid was for a long time my favourite guy to hate, but eversince he had the concussion and is struggling so hard to get back, I just cannot hate him. I feel sorry for him and I genuinly wish he will return quickly. We can list his annoying traits but in the end he is an amazing hockey player and I want to see him do his thing again. I can go back to hating on him when he gets back :)

For that full article you can visit the NHL page!
Crosby: Symptoms recurrent


Hurry over to this place to read my updated predictions:
My Whimsical Playoffs Predictions - New & Improved

No comments:

Post a Comment