Saturday 9 April 2011

Complacency ... Will Bite You In The Ass Every Time! | April 9th, 2011

Just a few months ago my Flyers were riding high. Top of the conference, maybe even the Presidents' Trophy up for grabs. A Stanley Cup looming on the horizon. What a difference a few months can make. Today, we are hoping to clinch the Division. We sure lowered our standards!

No need to go into the possible scenarios, we all know what is going on here. And no need for me to analyse what is going on. Many an expert has done just that. 

*ponders* 

OK maybe a bit of amateur analysis! I just wonder what happened! Why did they get so complacent? It really made them lose large chunks of that energy that got them to the top of the Conference in the first place. Lack of motivation as they were so far ahead of the rest? Boredom? Was the Versteeg trade a really good one? It went downhill when he joined the ranks. Who would have thought that moving out the Steegster and adding Lupul to the roster would be so beneficial to my Leafies? *chuckle*

Anyways, tonight we need to beat the Isles. Normally I would have laughed at the idea of losing against them (we have won 20 out of 21 of the last after all), but right now, any opponent scares me!

Have not lost hope mind you, the talent is there, injured players are on the mend and according to a fellow fan (thanks Lori!) they played with heart yesterday! So let me end a rather depressing start of this article on a positive note. I know my guys can overcome this and they will be ready to face any team in the Play-Offs. So lets just end the regular season and forget about standings. Lets look forward to a great SC run!

I hope. *chuckle*

PS Feel free to share your musings ;) ... just no hating please, that is just obnoxious :)

No comments:

Post a Comment