Saturday 23 April 2011

Playoffs Daily | QF Game 5 | April 23rd, 2011

A bit late with this daily update. But it was one of those busy Saturdays. I am still reeling a bit from last night's developments. And here I thought just having two games would be boring. But it started off exciting enough, as ESPN decided to show the Flyers game now that the Red Wings did not need their game 5. Lets have the overview first:

[Sabres-Flyers] 4-3. Sabres lead series 3-2. *mumbles, mostly expletives*
[Preds-Ducks] 4-3. Preds lead series 3-2. Hmm another OT loss. The Ducklings sure know how to keep things interesting.


So how did I feel about the Flyers game? It was up and down for me. Obviously the first period was horrible. Boosh looked like a scared little schoolgirl! Allowing soft goals. Somewhere around the 15 minute mark I went to the kitchen and washed some dishes rather than just putting them in the dishwasher and return quickly to continue watching the game. Chores over Hockey *shakes head* ... Upside is that missed I the Sabres' third goal. And oh, Boosh had been replaced by Leights ... wtf? lol

But things definitely got better in the second period. JVR kept us in the game by scoring a marvelous goal. And Mesz. What can I say, there is a reason that he is my fave Flyer along with Leino ... awesome D-guy with an ability to score some big goals. And I am glad Danny got his goal, a great way to equalise the game.

The energy and the dedication in the 2nd and 3rd period showed me they definitely have it in them and I loved watching them. Now, it was getting close to 4am for me at the end of the third period. And I did my best but eventually sleep overtook and I fell asleep on the sofa lol ... so I missed a bit of the 3rd as well as the OT, but I am feeling more positive about my guys than a few games ago. Mistakes were made and the loss could have been avoided, but such is life. Time to move on and have a better next game!

And that Miller guy. His beady eyes make me feel uncomfortable. And did you see him take down Brière? And he got away with it too. Man, that is annoying. Miller has gone from someone who annoys me to someone who has just replaced Sid on my hatelists. From now on nothing but love for Sid :p

Anyways, this post is so late that by now the Pens have lost their game vs the Bolts and quite impressively too ;) The Caps have taken a 2-0 lead half-way through their game vs the Rangers. More about both games in tomorrow's update :)

And saunter over here to see my complete Whimsical Playoffs Predictions:
My Whimsical Playoffs Predictions

No comments:

Post a Comment