Thursday 28 April 2011

Playoffs 2011 | Witchcrafting Revisited - Post QF | April 28th, 2011

I had much fun writing up my Playoffs predictions. It is time to see how I did. I do not think I had any of the series scores correct, but at least I got some wins right :D

EASTERN CONFERENCE
[Series A - Caps vs Rangers] - Hey, I got one right!!
My prediction: 4-1 Caps
Reality: 4-1 Caps

[Series B - Flyers vs Sabres] - Hahah, the 4-0 was one of my 'wishful thinking' predictions. I knew it would not happen, because the Sabres were excellent post-ASG. And I really paid close attention to them as my Leafies were trying to get to the final eight. But I truly wished my Flyers would obliterate them. But they chose to make it tough on themselves and go for a Game 7 ;) ... also, I already had no love at all for the Sabres, but their constant whining has made me utterly hate them, and Ryan Miller in particular.
My prediction: 4-0 Flyers
Reality: 4-3 Flyers

[Series C - Bruins vs Habs] - This was an intense one. Whew, glad the Bruins did it! The HABS GET TO GO HOOOOOME! And they were dispatched of quickly enough to be able to join my Leafies on the golf course. Hah. Not such a great Summer now eh?
My prediction: 4-1 Bruins
Reality: 4-3 Bruins

[Series D - Pens vs Bolts] - I was sure the Pens would come through. The Bolts were alright in regular season, but hardly impressive, whereas the Pens had a tough time without Sid & Malkin, yet still performed great. Hahah. When all is said and done, awesome that the Bolts got rid off the Pens :D
My prediction: 4-2 Pens
Reality: 4-3 Bolts

WESTERN CONFERENCE
[Series E - Nucks vs Blackhawks] - I honestly do not like the Hawks at all. Nucks I am very neutral about. So I wanted the Hawks out 4-0. Imagine my chagrin when the Nucks failed to capitalise on a 3-0 series lead and let the Hawks come back. Yuck, Nucks instantly lauded as potential winners. Oh well ...
My prediction: 4-0 Nucks
Reality: 4-3 Nucks

[Series F - Sharks vs Kings] - Hahah. Since I did not care about this match-up at all, I actually flipped coins and they were almost on the money - pun intended! ;) And I must say that whilst watching these guys plays I slowly got to like them a bit more. It was an interesting series in the end.
My prediction - or rather, The Coins prediction: 4-1 Sharks
Reality: 4-2 Sharks

[Series G - Red Wings vs Yotes] - The Red Wings are my favourite Western team and I think they are awesome, but even I did not expect them to sweeeeeeeep this series. Poor Yotes!
My prediction: 4-2 Wings
Reality: 4-0 Wings

[Series H - Ducks vs Preds] - Hmm, poor Ducklings. But the Preds got their first ever Round 1 win, so at least some history was made :)
My prediction: 4-2 Ducks
Reality: 4-2 Preds

The result:
I called 6 of 8 series winners correctly.
But only got one series result right: the 4-1 Caps win.

Actually I am a bit impressed with my Whimsical Playoffs Predictions :D ... did not think I would call much right at all! I like it so much that based on the series outcome I will redo my Semi-Finals predictions and post those in a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment