Tuesday 19 April 2011

Playoffs Daily | QF Game 3 | April 19th, 2011

This morning I was driving to work and much of my thoughts had to do with last night's games. Have my Flyers won? Did the Bruins finally beat the Habs? And could the Wings add a third win? And alright, for the sake of my predictions, did the Pens beat the Bolts? Cranking up my laptop is usually a bit of waiting game, but with all these questions in mind it seemed to take forever. I went for a little walk, got a cup of tea before I could finally surf to nhl.com and I have to admit ... seeing all your picks win their game is pretty damned good.

[Flyers-Sabres] 4-2. YEAH! Two more wins to go! I suppose picking Boosh over Sergei at this stage is a wise idea. I am by no means a fan of Boosh, even less so of Leights, but you cannot deny that experience seems to be a bit more important at this stage. And it is a good idea to get the pressure off Sergei, he will grow so much next year and he will have had his first taste of the Playoffs. I see nothing but good happen for him next year. Lets just hope Boosh does not choke. But I suppose he wants to show his best work, after missing out playing last year.

[Bruins-Habs] 4-2. I half-jokingly predicted 6-2 last night. Sort of tried to cheer up a buddy of mine - Sven - who is a Bruins fan. Not holding it against him, especially not when they are facing the Habs ;) Having Chara back probably makes all the difference. Some guys just bring a certain confidence to a team. Alright Bruins, you are back in the game, now net the next three wins!

[Pens-Bolts] 3-2. Well, what can I say. Normally I would have cheered for the Bolts, but for my predictions ... good win. Cheers.

[Red Wings-Yotes] 4-2. Ha, lots of 4-2 wins last night! And way to Wings, my Western Conference faves! One more to go :)

Just two games tonight, but the Nucks can clinch their SF spot tonight. Bye bye Blackhawks!

And as per usual, for my complete predictions, have a look at my previous scribblings:
My Whimsical Playoffs Forecast

2 comments:

  1. thanks for changing and editing my name into it :D

    i havent seen the last two bruins-games, but its a huge loss for them if chara cant play...

    my predictions could work for all but one series... and guess which series this one is...... your damn flyers :D ;)

    but ok, from now on flyers wont give sabres another win i think...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, I was worried before series 1 started ... but I think the good old chemistry is back for my boys ... I think we will get the next two games for sure. And hm, I am moderately positive about the Bruins too. Time for the Habs to recover their golfing gear from the shed ;)

    ReplyDelete