Thursday 21 April 2011

Playoffs Daily | QF Game 4 | April 21st, 2011

I could not contain my need to find out how last night's games went, so as I was headed for work, stuck in heavy traffic, I was reading tweets on my BlackBerry. And as I was scrolling I saw good news for the Caps, good news for the Pens fans, good news for the Ducklings and I thought "Hey, this is looking good!" and then I came upon the Flyers result and no. A 1-0 shutout is not what I was hoping for at all. Not at all. And it is also a bit of a lame loss. You know things are not going the way they should when you get your happy hockey fix from other teams. Cause I was very very pleased when I read the Red Wings have sweeped this series!

[Caps-Rangers] 4-3. Caps lead 3-1. Whew. The Rangers were onto something here. Caps were 3-0 behind after the 2nd period but managed to score three goals in a row to make it 3-3. OT was not enough for either team to clinch the win and the game had to go into second OT where Chimera scored to bring the Caps victory. Phew!

[Pens-Bolts] 3-2. Pens lead 3-1. Another long tough game. Bolts did good coming back from a 2-0 deficit. Took the Pens double OT to wint his one. Still think the Pens will win this round, but not without the Bolts fighting back!

[Flyers-Sabres] 0-1. Tied at 2-2. I hate games that generate only one goal. At least it was not a soft goal. Tough game, pretty much a goalie game too. Suppose we should be glad Boosh was in net. And really? A brawl at the end of the game? Shall watch it when I get home. In any case, not too happy with this result *sigh*

[Ducks-Preds] 6-3. Tied at 2-2. Awww my Ducklings fought back and well, not much else to add than well done Duckies, two more wins to go!

[Red Wings-Yotes] 6-3. Wings sweep this round with a 4-0 win! My fave Western Conference team, looking sharp. Have DVR-ed this one and will watch as soon as I get home!

And saunter over here to see my complete Whimsical Playoffs Predictions:
My Whimsical Playoffs Predictions

No comments:

Post a Comment