Sunday 17 April 2011

Playoffs Daily | QF Game 2 | April 17th, 2011

At last! I got to watch a few games rather than only getting to read about them the next day. Which also gives me much more to write about ;)

I got home just in time to see the Wings score their second goal and even better, I was in time to see Datsyuk perform one of his famous moves.


Luca Caputi said it best per Twitter:
Luca Caputi
Did Datsyuk really just go between his legs full speed on a partial breakaway? #datsyukiandangle

Followed by:
Luca Caputi
He should be suspended for embarassing everyone. Enough is enough! #besthandsever

Funny! But here a play-by-play of my Game Two Playoffs Hockey Night in the Netherlands.
  • Watching the Wings get a 4-0 lead was great; then the game got really exciting! The Yotes fought back to 4-3 and I spent the last two minutes not just on the edge of my seat, I actually moved closer to the TV and sat on the edge my coffee table. Sat so close I could see each and every pixel. Some really frantic play went on ... breaking sticks, crazy skating, stumbles. It was great.
  • Poor Frantzen though, that boarding early on in the game was harsh and when he came back he got a bit of an ovation and rightly so. By the end of the game, all that kept his face together were assorted bandaids. Very zombie-like!
  • Anyways, during this game my blood pressure went up a few points. With an hour or so to go till puck drop, I was worried about my blood pressure during the Flyers game.
*insert an hour of watching the Spanish classic (El Classico) Real Madrid vs FC Barcelona ... oh yeah us Dutch love football ... no, not the American stuff, the European football of course*
  • The Flyers game started well enough. Roo - just like I predicted in my previous post - did score. Unfortunately Harts & Timmo gave us four straight minutes of a Sabres power play early on and sure enough, a rather shabbily organised D gave Vanek a chance to score. Game equalised. Then some further shenanigans - including Sergei being replaced by Boosh - and I just had to shut down the stream for a while. Yeah, ESPN chose to ignore this game so I had to resort to some illegal online watching. It is annoying, but I had to watch this game!
  • Watched a bit more Barcelona instead. Needed to get my blood pressure down so I could pick up watching the Flyers again. Dammit, my teams were in trouble for sure. Barcelona gave up a 1-0 lead and did not recover.
  • Cranked up the feed again and saw Carcillo had just scored. I was happy again. Until the Sabres scored to tie it at 2-2. I needed another timeout.
  • I switched to Flyers Radio. It beat a choppy, laggy feed. Unfortunately I tuned in just in time to find out the Flyers had gone to a 2-3 deficit, but thank god JVR equalised it within a minute. Honestly, at this point I really felt I should stop watching sports altogether and go watch something easy on the heart, maybe a movie. 27 Dresses came to mind.
  • I was now so completely stressed that I needed to relax a bit. I went to read some Damn You Autocorrects :D
  • Second period was as wild as the first. Lots of PPs for Flyers. And wow. I couldn't believe my ears. We finally got a PP goal! 1 out of 15, not bad eh? Definitely a big 'YAY' for Leino (one of my favourite Flyers)!
  • Brière scored to make it 5-3. It became a little easier to breathe!
  • The third period. Right. I have no idea what happened in this period hahah. By this time I was so exhausted that completely against my will I fell asleep on the sofa. I was listening to Flyers Radio and watching the Habs-Bruins game on TV. Maybe that did me in. Also, it was past 1am my time lol ... Anyways, by the time I woke up, the game was over and we had WON! Yeah! 5-4 ... somewhere in the 3rd period some pesky Sabre snuck one in lol

Onto the other games:
[Habs-Bruins] 3-1. Why is this happening? Why is the whole choke-thing true? Damn you Bruins. I want the Habs dispatched with!
[Kings-Sharks] 1-1. The Coins are still on par. But for the sake of my predictions, the Sharks better win the next three hahah.

OK tonight ESPN will air the Caps-Rangers game, so another fun evening ahead!

And as per usual, for my complete predictions, have a look at my previous scribblings:
My Whimsical Playoffs Forecast

No comments:

Post a Comment