Sunday 24 April 2011

Playoffs Daily | QF Game 5 | April 24th, 2011

Guys, Summer has arrived early in the Netherlands! Easter Weekend is proving to be perfect weather-wise and my weekend could have been even more perfect if I could get my hockey fix! I am however staying at my parents' place and they do not have ESPN America. Which makes sense because they do not care about American Sports at all ;) ... so instead of watching a few fun games last night, I had to follow the games through the NHL BlackBerry applet. But that is OK, at least I knew what was going on and I have DVR'ed all the games ESPN aired yesterday for future viewing. So what happened last night?

[Bolts-Pens] 8-2. Pens still lead series 3-2. So I could not watch this game, but watching the score go up and up and up for the Bolts on the NHL BlackBerry applet was wild enough. At 5-0 I thought OK, good going Bolts. At 7-0 I started to feel sorry for the Pens. Can you believe it? For my predictions I still need the Pens to win, but cannot help feeling joy seeing them lose to the Bolts like this ;)

[Rangers-Caps] 1-3. Caps clinch series win with an excellent 4-1 result. Caps did what they had to do and rather deftly disposed of the Rags. Feel like I can stop calling them Rangers ;) Only glitch: why did the Caps allow a goal in the final seconds? By the way, I just impressed myself. I predicted a 4-1 Caps series win lol ... at least got one right in terms of numbers ;) ... Oh yeah. BYE BYE RAGS! Hahah, glad you are gone!

[Habs-Bruins] 1-2. Bruins now lead series 3-2. Timmmeeeeeeh! The Vezina Trophy is yours buddy! I have yet to see the game and believe me, I am happy it is waiting for me on my DVR. But the NHL report, the tweets and the FB posts all point in one direction: one hell of a memorable game! Will probably add an {edit} once I have seen it. I love a good hockey game (ok, who does not?) and even more so if it leads to a Habs defeat ;)

[Kings-Sharks] 3-1. Sharks lead series 3-2. OK, The Coins were predicting this one perfectly till this game. The predicted 4-1 is out of the window now, but The Coins are still in the running for predicting the series winner and if they get that right I might use the coins to redo my Semi Finals predictions ;)

Tonight my Flyers are playing to stay in the running. And the Ducklings are in the same situation. The Nucks. Hmm. What do you guys think? Will they pick up speed again, or will they let the Hawks smother them and tie the series?

If you care, check my original Whimsical Playoffs Predictions here:
My Whimsical Playoffs Predictions

No comments:

Post a Comment