Thursday 14 April 2011

Poetic Announcers | March 19th Bruins-Leafs | April 14th, 2011

Although the Playoffs extravaganza has started and there is a lot of current stuff to write about I would like to reminisce a bit about the past season and share one of my favourite moments. On March 19th I tuned in for the Bruins-Leafs game. And then I was just bowled over by the poetic introduction to the game! I tell you, I rewinded it several times to hear it again - do you love your DVR as much as I do? - and I loved it so much, that I transcribed it!

And here is where things get shaky. I do not know who actually did the introduction hahah. Ron MacLean or Joe Bowen? In either case the guy said he was inspired by Tom Petty and some Irish author. I have tried to decipher the name of said author, but without success!

Anyways, here goes!

[disclaimer] I have no rights to these words at all, so hands off anyone who wants to make a buck out of it! Or something along these lines anyways [end disclaimer]

What time is it?
It's later than you think,
And the earth tilts and reboots your personal northern hemisphere
Your heart, your head,
There is a look on your face
And there is something lucky about the place
And your memory,
Your private story
As it must ... turns the page


Springtime! Something good coming for you and me
Something good coming
There has to be
We often accept the temporary peace over a more difficult and distant justice
We're buying time
Winter thinking
Then comes the sun, springtime!
Set aside the memories
Engage your imagination
And in pace ... with renewal


What time is it?
It's spring time!
Time to enjoy yourself
It's later than you think

BEAUTIFUL!

{edit May 2nd} Someone uploaded it! Now for the full experience check this:



And maybe it gave the Leafies good vibes too, because we beat the Bruins 5-2 :D

Oh, if anyone recalls this moment and knows who that Irish author that served as inspiration is, drop me a line! And if you could tell me if these words were spoken by Ron MacLean, Joe Bowen or even someone else, that would be even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment