Friday 29 April 2011

IIHF World Championship | Day 1 | April 29th, 2011

Do not expect the same addiction-induced scriblings for the World Championship. It is fun enough, but nothing can trump the Playoffs! But I will be watching as much games as I can and I will share my little musings with you ;)

Today four games were played. I managed to watch Belarus vs Canada. Eberle scored twice and Tavares and Skinner got a goal each. Stepanov scored for Belarus. Dion was a beast, getting in all sorts of hits, not all legal so he spent a fair amount of time in the penalty box, but all is good! And Reimer was his cool awesome self. The guys continues to make me proud. Anyways, that was a 4-1 win and great start. Oh, I have to say that another Leafie did great too. Grabovski played a good game for Belarus :)

I must admit that I do not always know which country is most likely to win a game. I think that Switzerland's 1-0 win over France is to be expected, and I am quite positive that Slovakian hockey is more evolved than Slovenia's so the 3-1 win for Slovakia sounds plausible. But hell! Who would have expected Russia to get beaten by Germany with a 2-0 game? Shutout too! Not me! Not even my German buddy Sven and he knows German hockey like no one else I am sure. I am a lifelong Russia fan, since the USSR times, so this is not a very pleasing result. But I can certainly appreciate the epic effort shown by the German team. Gut gemacht, Jungs! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment