Monday 2 May 2011

Playoffs Daily | SF Game 2 | May 2nd, 2011

Hmm. What the hell is going on?! Both my series faves have failed to win and are now 2-0 behind in their respective series. Add to that that horrible Flyers game (for me anyways hahah) and my hockey weekend was not so great ;)

[Red Wings-Sharks] 2-1. Sharks lead series 2-0. Watched the second and third period and somehow the game did not pull me in. At least the Wings played better than in Game 1. And Datsyuk dazzled me a few times :D ... let me see. The Wings PPs were far from great again and the game was very even in many respects. I think the difference can be found in the Sharks' D ... look at the three stars: Niemi, White and Whallin. A goalie and 2 D-guys :)

[Bolts-Caps] 3-2. Bolts lead series 2-0. I was actually watching the rerun of this game as I was writing this up. It was a fun game to watch, but the Caps just were not not sharp enough in front of the Bolts' net and like so many other teams did not manage to capitalise on PP situations. But the same can be said for the Bolts. They did however make it 2-1 in the third and as the minutes were winding down I was ready to write this down as a 2-1 loss for the Caps. But leave it to Ovi to pull a stunt so it was awesome to see him score with just 68 seconds left on the clock! He is just such a beast out there on the ice! So it was OT time and it was a pitty that some asinine line changes by the Caps gave the Bolts the edge. But the Bolts' celebration when Lecavalier scored the OT goal was fun to watch. I just cannot hate the Bolts, they are a fun team :)

But boy, so far the Game 1s and 2s have wreaked havoc on my predictions. Hurry over to this place to see those:
My Whimsical Playoffs Predictions - New & Improved

And feel free to leave your own predictions in the comments :D

No comments:

Post a Comment