Friday 6 May 2011

IIHF World Championship | Day 8 | May 6th, 2011

Guys, did not get around to watch any of today's games, so really just a quick update so I have all the days covered when I read this back in a while :)

[Germany-Finland] 4-5. Whoa, the first loss for Germany this tournament. But against the Finns who of course have a repute to protect. But the reports tell me the Finns had no walk in the park and had some goaltending issues. And the game had to go all the way to SO to be decided so there is no shame in losing for the Germans. Plus I learnt something today: a player can appear twice in the SO lol ... did not know that, or is it an IIHF rule only? If - unlike me - you do have a clue, please drop me a comment about this!

[Canada-USA] 4-3. Ahhh the good old rivalry. I remember many a Winter Olympics with these two teams headlining *nods reverently*. But this Team USA hardly sets my heart aflutter, whereas Team Canada sports some of my fave NHL Players and is looking pretty good out there. I was not sure what to expect. But we got pace, hits, goals and it went all the way to SO. Speaking of hits, Dion had a big one heheh. If I find it somewhere I will add it for enjoyment! Anyways, in SO Eberle scored as well as ♥ Rick Nash ♥ ... so from my point of view ... good stuff and I am sorry I had to miss it :(

[Czech Republic-Slovakia] 3-2. The Czechs are on a nice roll as they notch down another win. Our NHL-buddies Elias and Havlat did great for the Czech Republic with various assists and goals. And on the whole this must have been an interesting game by the looks of it, with both teams generating chances. In the end the Czechs clinched it and they are looking good.

[Sweden-France] 4-0. Nothing like a a three-goal lead in the first period to kill the opponent's will. It takes a strong team to get back from such a tough start and the French just were not cut out for it. The Swedes simply dominated and smoothly sailed through this one. 

Just checked the sked for tomorrow and how we are going to make it through the day, I do not know! Six games tomorrow you crazy hockey fans!

No comments:

Post a Comment