Tuesday 3 May 2011

Playoffs Daily | Game 2 | May 3rd, 2011

A bit later than you are used to, but it was one hell of a hectic day. OK. Just one game last night! Unfortunately it did not bring me the result I hoped for, but for you Bruins fans a nice win for sure. Was watching the game as I was typing up this post.

[Bruins-Flyers] 3-2. Bruins lead series 2-0. At least the Flyers brought more energy to the game than in Game 1. And it started of great with two goals in the first ten minutes of the game, both by JVR. Then a lucky easy goal by Kelly, followed by something of a soft goal by Marchand and we were all tied again. Hmm, I have seen a lot of folks saying how soft that goal was and some dude on ESPN America agrees. I have looked at it a great number of times and call me silly or stupid lol ... but I do not think it was easy for Boosh to read that one *shrugs and sticks to her own opinion* ... I am not a Boosh-fan, but I think he did alright this game. Personally I am more annoyed by the OT goal! Lacklustre defending, lots of Bruins heading towards the net, our D was a bit invisible. Some easy puck-passing and Krejci clinched the win. Annoying! And to stay on the topic of goalies, Sergei got to play the last six minutes of the second period as Boosh was having some injury tended to (perhaps for the best as the last minutes were tough!), and Sergei looked solid and made some awesome key saves. And he seems to be standing a bit taller, or maybe I just forgot what kind of presence he actually has guarding our goal :)

Timmie. Well, he was amazing. Anyone denying that fact is not right in the head. 54 shots, 52 saves. And we could not score a few more with that much firepower? I would have given Timmie that first star.

JVR was awesome. He has been quite the force these playoffs so far and I hope he can continue his scoring streak. And eversince the waivers debacle and actually even before that, people have taken a dislike to Zherdev. I did not jump on the 'Hate-Z'-bandwagon, but neither did I expect him to have much ice-time either after all that, but I suppose Lavi trusted the man enough. And he has been getting better in my humble opinion, and I think he is doing a great job in the Playoffs. Just wanted to say that. Thanks Z!

All in all I think we outskated the Bruins and we definitely outshot them ... so what does a Flyer have to do to buy a goal ;) ... I hope our guys bring the same energy to the next game and SCORE :)

Alright, going to get ready for some World Cup hockey. Think I will watch the Russia-Slovakia game.

No comments:

Post a Comment