Wednesday 2 November 2011

Season 2011-2012 | The First

It has been a while. And I apologise to all my followers! Yes, to the both of you! You know who you are ;)

After the shock of entering hockey draught, which left me feeling lost for a while, I actually welcomed the thought of having a little break from this blog. The final weeks of the regular season were frantic. The World Cup was really interesting. The Stanley Cup run kept me on the edge of my seat. Not to mention the craziness of Free Agency Day. I spent hours and hours each day writing stuff up! So a little time off from the blog? Why not?!

During the first few weeks, like the hockey addict that I am, I was on the look-out for hockey-related topics to write about anyways. August came and the withdrawal symptoms had subsided quite a bit and I could finally enjoy the holiday. Then September came and I was ... *gasp* ... only mildly looking forward to the pre-season games. I was a wee bit worried about myself at this time ;)

Then the regular season started and I went straight back into hockey addict mode! Timewise it is difficult for me to actually watch the games (being located in Europe and all) and I have noticed I need my sleep over the weekends too. So far no all-nighters to catch a Leafs or Flyers game live. And come on NHL, throw a European a bone and have some interesting early games over the weekends! I had a look at the next few weekends and it's hardly a ball. So I will just have to go with the recaps and whatever people care to write about.

But getting into blogging mode again, that is taking quite some time. So here is to the first one of the season. Empty when it comes to real hockey information or some of my amazing insights ;) ... but at least it is a start. And since blog-wise I missed the first month, the next article I write will be filled with my views on how the first month went ;)

Beware! ;)

5 comments:

  1. Maybe there are 3 followers not 2 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah Mike! I can only hope :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was worried about you for a bit. Thought maybe you slipped into a mode of apathy since the next playoffs were so far away haha. This season's been really solid so far, and we're something like 13% done.

    The Leafs are doing it right now. Not totally consistent, but at least they're inconsistent enough to win some road games that they would typically lose over the past few years. Hope to hear your hockey voice over the next few months.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heheh am working on a 'real' post dealing with the first month and there is enough to tell for both the leafs and the flyers hahah ... need to find the proper shape for it plus you know me, it can't be too serious :D

    ReplyDelete