Monday 27 June 2011

Flyers Store | Come Get Our Guys Cheap! | June 27th, 2011

Holmgren must have developed some sort of Evil Master Plan that will have us forgive him his rather erratic trading behaviour.

Look what just happened! He just traded Darroll Powe to the Wild (poor guy!) for a 2013 third round pick. Surely Powe is worth more than that? Hell, I am sure folks can come up with several reasons why he should have been traded in the first place, but I always found him a good, hard worker. The type any team should be happy to have in their line up.

Holgmren did sign Nodl and Sestito. Not entirely sure about Sestito, but Nodl is a keeper in my book. Next up I would really want to see Leino signed. Apparently he has been asking a bit too much, but surely Holmgren will not let our guy be picked up by some other team?!

[edit June 27th] The organisation has extended Qualifying Offers to Kalinski, Simmonds and Voracek. Oh my, bad times on the horizon for Carcillo? And as I was taking in the roster, I suddenly had to smile at Zherdev still being in the line-up.

[edit June 28th] Next development was Carcillo not receiving a Qualifying Offer, which turns him into an UFA ... guess the earlier edit about bad times ahead for Carcillo are in fact looming ...

So back to the opening sentence ... Holmgren must be plotting something interesting right? Divesting a top notch team like ours ... he better be.

3 comments:

  1. One thing got me confused by ours did you mean the flyers the leafs or the Bruins ? Oh wait the article is about the flyers so your must have your flyers hat on. Sorry my mistake ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. come on anonymous...

    you know, that flyers and leafs are violets favourite teams... she just cheered for the bruins in the finals, when flyers were out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heheh, thanks Sven for being a real buddy and backing me up :D

    ReplyDelete