Thursday 9 June 2011

Playoffs Daily | Game 4 | June 9th, 2011

If you read my scribbling ocasionally, you probably know that I will write and write and write. But today I am going for a more subdued article. I just finished watching the game and as much as I loved it, I really do not have a lot to say about this one. Is that bad? Or good? It is alright really, but the proceedings were so straightforward that I can be quite short about this one.

[Nucks-Bruins] 0-4. Series are tied. In a nutshell: Inspired Bruins. Frustrated Nucks. Game 4 was a fun game to watch if you root for the Bruins. A nice 4-0 win. Another great performance by Timmie, who again got in some top notch early saves to set the standard and ultimately got his team a shut-out. Peverley, who replaced Horty, scored in the first and third period. Ryder & Marchand scored in the second.

♦ As I noted in my Game 3 write up, the Bruins seem to have found a way to be more offensive than before. We all know they can defend like no other team, but to see them skate hard and fast and forechecking like they have been, it is just beautiful to see. And they seem to have rattled the Nucks to the extent that the Nucks have become frustrated and in the process have gone off their own gameplan

♦ Marchand is far from a favourite of mine. In fact, he is one of the guys that I really sort of do not like. But during this game he stood out for me. I suppose it is easy to notice someone who ends up in a fight in the last minutes of the game, but the entire game he was fast and extremely physical. I mean we are talking about one of the smaller guys in the game (5'9") but the way he just took on any opponent made me appreciate this guy just that bit more. [will add footage of my fave Marchand moment later on]

♦ Prior to the game Horton visited his mates in the locker room. It did a lot for the guys and Tim for one said he was very very happy to see him. I bet it fuelled the Bruins as much as their fans

Game 5 next. Again I hope the Bruins will keep up the amazing energy!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it amazing how in 4 of the 5 games Thomas has allowed 1, 1, 0 and 1 goal(s), and somehow still his team trails 3-2. Even if you assume that the game not included in that span was a 10 goal against game, which of course it wasn't (that 3-2 OT loss), you still would think that his team should grab three of those four other wins at least. Man...

    ReplyDelete