Thursday 23 June 2011

Flyers Flying Around | Trading Craziness | June 23rd, 2011

After a busy time writing articles during the Playoffs I thought I would give myself a bit of time off and write a new post or two next week. Was still considering the topics. Basically the idea was to have a quiet hockey week. Then I logged on to Twitter an hour or two ago and got engulfed in a maelstrom of Flyers trading tweets! A bit like an 'all hell broke loose' Twitter evening.


First point of discussion: Carter. He got traded to Columbus. Now some of you may know one of my faves is ♥ Rick Nash ♥ ... but I always envisioned him coming to the Flyers ;) ... I definitely did not think any of our guys would be traded to his team. I am fine with the trade. Never was a fan of Carts and just did not get him at all. Sure, there are the points, but something about his on ice and off ice persona did not sit well with me. Here the official Flyers tweet confirming the deal:
Philadelphia Flyers
acquire from CBJ Jakub Voracek, a 2011 1st Round pick (8th overall) & 2011 3rd Round pick (68th overall) in exchange for Jeff Carter

No comments:

Post a Comment