Friday 1 July 2011

Free Agency Day !!!! | July 1st, 2011

FREE AGENCY DAY!

wh00000000000000000000000

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

See that? It is exciting and excruciating at the same time.

By the way, apologies if I lured you here and made you think you would read some amazing insights. Because you are not going to. But if you arrived here for that purpose, let me forward you to these places, it is where I go to check up on stuff:

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/freeagents/top30.html
http://www.mynhltraderumors.com/2010/06/01/2011-unrestricted-nhl-free-agents/
http://www.capgeek.com/free_agents.php

There, what I want is to just vent. Here my few wishes, based entirely on emotional motives:
- Leino *must* be resigned by the Flyers
- Meszaros too, what the hell. Last night I came across a rumour that he is on the move. I honest to god hope that is a joke. We need our Mesz at the Flyers!
- Tim Brent, went UFA, come on Brian Burke, you have to keep this guy at the Leafs
- Max Talbot, up until now my somewhat sleazy - and mostly secret - hockey crush, might possibly move to the Leafs, which would finally enable me to cheer for him legitimately lol

Oh, and one thing I do not want to see happen: Stamkos to Flyers. Up until the last few days I appreciated Stamkos for his talent, but that is it. Not a fan. Nor a hater. Then the rumours of a possible trade started and I developed a very irrational hate for the poor guy. I am sorry, I just cannot picture him in Orange & Black. The idea makes me positively hateful. Now Holmgren yesterday confirmed that they would not be putting in a offer for him, and I want to believe it so badly. But they have been lying to us a lot this year, so who knows what Holmgren has up his sleeve. I know I will feel better and go to a normal state of mind about Stamkos once the trade is definitely definitely definitely out of the picture.

So, what do you want to see happen? And no, not in answer to my own little wish list, am interested in what other folks are hoping for regardless of team and/or player preferences! I will even allow comments about the Habs, because it is also Canada Day - Happy Canada Day all you Canadian hockey fans!

Anyways, share your wishlist in the comments (you probably will not) or join me on Twitter ... @violet_nl ... I will be lurking in there all day long, waiting for stuff to happen. Sorry boss! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment