Wednesday 20 July 2011

Summer Time Equals Hockey Draught | July 20th, 2011

Summer is so boring without hockey. Free Agency Frenzy fizzled out fast, leaving just some unsolved mysteries such as "When will Stamkos be signed?" Personally, I do not care when and by whom Stamkos will be signed (probably the Bolts). My main concern is "When will Burke finally sign Luke Schenn?"

That is how I started this article a few days ago anyways. Then did not really know where to take it and stopped writing. Hockey draught is bad for my creativity.

Oh, since then Stamkos got resigned. Of course. I do not even understand why people were so psyched about this guy hitting free agency. And was there really any other course of action than for the Bolts to resign him? I think not. Although admittedly, for a few hours I was worried the Flyers would actually do something stupid - on top of all the crazy moves that had already taken place - and make a crazy offer to the guy. Still no news on Schenner though, it is driving me nuts.

#IsItOctoberYet?

That is the question that keeps popping up in my mind. Have watched a lot of sports in my life, but have never missed a sport this much during off-season.

So what do YOU do to tide it over? Please post suggestions ;)

I have been:
♦ Reading tweets and following even more hockey-related accounts to keep that timeline interesting
♦ Puckbunnying

Puckbunnying you ask? Yes indeed and I must thank @PsychoPuckLady for aiding us ladies in this endeavour. You can read her latest blog article RIGHT HERE!! It is her Top 10 reasons why you should be rooting for the Blackhawks coming season and it is probably not a Top 10 you would expect ;) ... at least you were warned. But ladies, you will not be disappointed ...  I was nearly swayed, but hell no, the grudge is still there. Remember SCF 2010 Finals?

OK, back to reading some tweets. Might make a selection of the best ones of the past week and post Twitter Time #12 soon!

1 comment:

  1. I needed some time to get away. I remember I was still on the high of the Lidstrom comeback and just starting on a two-hour bike ride when I found out the Flyers gave Richards to LA, and I had to fight off the urge to vomit. I mean B. Schenn is great but my Wings are in it for this year specifically, and that trade just pissed me off as a fan of a western conference team that isn't LA.

    As far as things to do, I don't really know. I tried to get away this offseason because I didn't last summer (especially with regard to our fantasy league) and the "22 months in a row approach" is dangerous. But we're getting closer.

    ReplyDelete