Sunday 20 February 2011

Leafs vs Sens - Feb 19th, 2011

Timezones! Yeah. Being a hockey fan is not easy when you live in GMT+1 ... 6 hours ahead of the US EST times. So my favourite games are the weekend games that start at 1pm EST. But yeah, not many of those :)
So waiting up to see my Flyboys or Leafies play is only allowed during the weekend. Being a former nightowl that usually is not a problem for me, but a busy week, followed by a busy Saturday lead to me giving up and go get some sleep, rather than watching the Leafs-Sens game. I managed to watch the honouring the troops thing but that's as far as I got lol ... considering the score, maybe it's better I didn't torture myself xD ... I may not watch the highlights.


OK, who am I kidding? I did watch the highlights just now lol, how could I not heheh and this is my opinion!


Bad stuff:
- Giving up a point in the SO
- Bitter fans on the Leafs fan page, not even going to access that page today, some of the posts that ended up on my FB wall are bad enough lol *ignore*


Good stuff:
- At least got the 1 point lol, that beats no points
- A cool Phaneuf hit on Foligno
- Rosehill in a somewhat fun fight with Lessard
- Reims ruling and getting his second SO - love that guy
- By the looks of it, the Leafies played with lots of energy (yay!) and they had good scoring chances, but the puck got denied access by Anderson. Look, I am a softy, so this being his first game at the Sens, I am glad for him he did well, too bad it was against the Leafies lolol
- Lots of interesting post-game interviews; watched them all but Wilson's ... can't stand him lol; Reims, such a pleasant personality; Lupul might make a fine Leaf :)
Finally: A game where the goalies get 1st and 2nd star, yeah, I like that! Great goalie fight (no, not a literal fight).


Other hockey stuff I found interesting:
- Obviously the Oilers game, thankfully there is 'on demand', so I can watch the second and third period again, it was really interesting!
- Wow, the Ducks got killed ... 9-3 loss x_x
- Poor Avs, another loss and a shut-out too
- And this one is maybe the funniest/best .. the Isles shut-out the Kings! Montoya, I think that is the Isles' 6th goalie this season! It didn't even make the NHL headlines. I think it should have!


Hockey today:
- Flyboys face the Rangers again. Hate the Rangers. And Avery in particular. And I hope my boys dish out some pain to the Rangers.
- Ah the Caps vs Sabres. As I hate the Sabres too, I want Ovi to get his superscoring mojo back and destroy them *sighs, wishful thinking*
- Ahahaha, speaking of hate ... Pens-Blackhawks. Yeah, disgusting game. Almost as disgusting as Pens-Habs. Might watch it and be disgusted all game long
- YAY, Heritage Classic ... more hating on the Habs lol


Well, I planned to go for a drive today, but instead I am going to stay in all day. I will do some laundry, clean, then bake a pizza (famous family recipe *chuckle*), and get ready for My Sunday Hockey Night! Early games today and the Heritage starts at midnight my time, so lots to look forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment