Thursday 3 March 2011

A crazy week

I am in turmoil! Tonight the Leafs meet the Flyers at Wells Fargo Center. Yes, my two hockey loves. Against one another. And not just tonight. A week from now they meet again, in Toronto. One way to look at this is that I am in a win-win situation. Whoever wins, I win! But it's not quite like that. Because the downside is that one of my faves will bite the dust *sigh*


To make matters worse, I would actually like to see the Leafs win, but only because they need any win they can get their hands on in order to make it to the play-offs. I read some place that they need to have a 19-5 streak at least and even then it might not be enough. As the Flyers are pretty sure of their spot in the play-offs, it makes sense I would really prefer a Leafies win, right? Well, the fact remains that I would also like the Flyers to win. They in turn, need all the points they can get in order to claim the first place in the League! The Nucks are a tough bunch to beat in that respect. So a mate came up with this one: Leafs win in OT, giving the Flyers at least 1 point! And I think I can live with that for sure.


And the Leafs really do need a win. Last Saturday they played the Pens and lost in OT. Then they played the Sens and lost in OT as well. They gpt a point for each game, but in order to beat the opposition to the 8th spot, it just is not good enough. But at least they got some revenge vs. Pens yesterday! Going into the third, they still trailed by a point, but then Kessel (bless him) scored a crazy goal involving his pants. They got the game to OT and then in the 42nd second ... BOOM! Grabo scored! And I just have to mention that Phaneuf has been putting in some good work again lately, showing us why he carries that 'C'. Welcome back I would say! He basically set up the OT goal as he coasted from end to end, showed stick skills and kept the attack alive.


Back to tonight. I am so nervous. I am glad I cannot watch the game (work in the morning so no time for an all-nighter ;) ) ... I will only have a few nerve-wrecking moments as I crank up the Leafs BlackBerry App when I wake up ...

No comments:

Post a Comment