Wednesday 9 March 2011

Another crazy week | March 9th, 2011

It's a good thing this is more like a diary than a blog worthy of following xD


Because after a few very bad games by mainly the Flyers, I couldn't find the inspiration to write things up. Absolute low point: Flyers 7-0 loss to the Rangers. The Rangers!! And just a day earlier they had lost 5-3 to the Sabres. Not only do I hate both teams, but my top Flyboys couldn't even help my Leafies by destroying these two teams. If it were up to me, the Sabres and Rangers would burn in hell ... *feeling particularly evil*


The Leafies did not win all their games either, but hell, they definitely won more than the Flyers and they had some OT points too. Did not like the 5-3 loss to the Blackhawks. And I certainly wish they had gotten the OT point vs. the Isles yesterday. Considering my Leafies were constantly trailing ... glad we got the one point though. The Isles. Just can't hate them since that memorable game against the Pens (apologies for constantly referring to this game lol) ... and they play a very liberated game at the moment. They really have nothing to lose and it's showing in their brawny play. That makes them a rather quirky opponent to play against. You just can't tell what will happen. Anyways, when I first saw the result I was like "Now we're never going to make it!". But hey. The Sabres lost to the Pens and really, anything can still happen. So I will just keep on hoping. Seeing my guys in 10th place is cool anyways, considering they were in 14th place just a few months ago.


Poor Reims by the way! Early in OT it looked as if he injured his hand. Even looked like Giggy would go in. But thank god all was good! A quote:
"My hand is fine,'' he said, a bag of ice covering it. "Shot caught me in the right spot. When I pulled my hand out, I was expecting my finger to be in a couple pieces.''


Hahah, damn, I love that guy.


And then I had to laugh a bit when I read this - Comeau about the play-offs:
"We're not out of it yet,'' Comeau said. "As long as we keep winning, crazier things have happened."
Ah see, there is no end to the amusement provided by the Isles.


OK, back tot he Flyers. YAY Flyers! They finally won again. Read the recap just now though and by the looks of it, they still need some work there. A quote: "The Flyers dominated the first period, outshooting Edmonton 17-1. They were outshot 24-9 the rest of the way, and needed some big saves from Bobrovsky."


By the looks of it they sort of let things slip in the 2nd and 3rd again, but they were still scoring and winning! I'll take it! To make things even more peculiar, we got all three stars :S ... I need to watch this one to form a better opinion.


And what kind of hockey world are we living in when I think stuff like:
- Thanks Habs for keeping the Bruins at bay?
- Thanks Pens for beating the Sabres?


lol disgusting xD

Now remember that game that made me so nervous in my previous post? Leafs-Flyers? Well, my Leafies won and they need the points to get to the play-offs. I was at the same time over the moon for the Leafies and in total despair for the Flyers. And to make matters worse, they meet again next Thursday. Still need the Leafs to win, but I hope that they win in OT or SO.


Just reread this post and I apologise for the lack of order hahah. My thoughts are all over the place!

No comments:

Post a Comment