Sunday 1 May 2011

Playoffs Daily | SF Game 1 | May 1st, 2011

Early game yesterday and as the Bruins were playing and because there were no other games scheduled at the same time, I got to see the Flyers play live on ESPN America! It started well enough, there is always a buzz at the Wells Fargo Center. Orange & Black dominates. Watching tiny streams in the past did not always make me appreciate it, but seeing it on a large TV-screen definitely impresses the hell out of me.


Unfortunately it went downhill from there on ... lol

[Bruins-Flyers] 7-3. Bruins lead series 1-0. What?! 7-3? What?! 7-3?! Yes 7-3. What?! Horrible! More later.
[Preds-Nucks] 2-1. Preds lead series 1-0. Whoa. I might have to add a bit more later, but wow. Rinne is awesome.

OK. Flyers. I am going to keep it short.
- Boosh - and I am definitely not his biggest fan so I will hardly ever stand up for him - was hung out to dry! I felt sorry for him. And I did not see this happen myself, but one of my friends tweeted this to me: "Did you read Boosh's lips when he was on the bench? He said, I'm getting no fucking help out there."
- That said is all really. Where was our D? They certainly did not show up for the game!
- And it affected our offensive lines. My first impression was that they skated around as if it was a morning skate. But more likelye the lack of proper D messed up their gameplay too. They just could not pressure our opponent like they usually do. Roo was certainly irritated by the whole game, slashing unsuspecting Bruins ;)
- Like I said, our goalies got no D love at all, Sergei was called in to replace Boosh but it was the worse of times for our Bobs to return to the ice.
- And finally, the Bruins played an awesome game. Great work by Timmeeeeh! And his team mates :)


Phew. Better to quickly forget this one. And I am not worried, we will do better next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment